Growing Your Family?
- It is very important for both father and mother to start with a healthy mouth and body.
- We suggest you see your physician and dentist to be sure you are not fighting any health issues.
- All necessary dental treatment is recommended prior to conceiving.
- Disease of the mouth is associated with an increased risk of gestational diabetes, pre-eclampsia, pre-term labor, and having a low birth weight baby.
- If you experience bleeding of your gums during your dental visits, brushing, and/or flossing, you may have inflammation in your body.
- Inflammation is your body's way of protecting itself from infection, illness, or injury.
- As part of the inflammatory response, your body increases its production of white blood cells, immune cells, and substances called cytokines that help fight infection.
- Inflammation can potentially delay pregnancy.
- It is important to maintain your regular oral wellness visits with your hygienist.
- Once pregnant, CONGRATS! 😊
Ask us for the handout: “Your Oral Health Can Affect Your Baby!”
If you have any questions, please call or message your dental team at 916-482-7886.